Thursday, August 15, 2013

Enchanted forest outfit.

Almost 2 weeks ago (yes, that long and I haven't written about it yet!), I've started a knitting challenge we call NEWT in the HPKCHC on Ravelry. If I successfully finish my 3 to 4 months plan I'll get a lot of points for my house. No less than 450 to be precise... if I meet all the intermediate deadlines.

I'm going to knit an enchanted forest outfit: a dress with a cardigan.

The cardigan is a modified Matilda Jane, I'm not fond of the neckline so I'm changing it and I'll add long sleeves because I don't have much use for short sleeved cardigans.

green and lilac matilda jane cardigan in progress ysolda teague

The dress is going to be something based on Nyskabende. As the pattern is freeform there's a lot of stuff that needs to be improvised. I've just started this one, not much to see yet.


And as this blue cotton yarn is pretty hard on the fingers, I needed breaks and made a few greeting cards you can find in my etsy shop: each one is completely unique.

hand painted watercolor greeting cards