Monday, July 1, 2013

Pink shrug is finished!

Finally! Can't remember how many times I told you about progress on my Garter Stitch Circular Shrug. But today, 1550 yards of garter stitch in sports weight yarn later (mad I know), is the last time I'll blog about it. I absolutely love how it turned out.

lea bronnenkant with pink knit shrug

For HPKCHC players on Ravelry, this was my Care of Magical Creatures OWL. Inspired by the colors of a magic piglet (a zebra-striped one!). And it'sgoing to be a whole lot of points for my badger friends from Hufflepuff. Without the game I'm actually not sure this project wouldn't hibernate right now.

What's planned tonight? Cutting yarn for Doctor Who Scarf tassels. I have a bad feeling about the dark grey. The yardage on the pattern is very accurate... but doesn't include the tassels. According to my stash recordings on Ravelry there's another ball somewhere in my boxes. Different dye lot for tassels won't matter.