Sunday, July 14, 2013

Colovaria shawl pattern.

I love to go to my knitting group. We're a chatty bunch of women. This means you have to take a project you don't have to count all the time with you.

Those last weeks I've been shawl knitting. A striped triangular shawlette and probably the first larger Christmas present to be finished. I used some soft hand dyed fingering weight yarn from Quo Vadis to make it: it's very soft and completely animal friendly.

You can get the pattern from Ravelry: Colovaria Shawl and there's even a 20% discount until July 21, enjoy!

knit striped shawlette quo vadis vegan yarns

The body is made of stockinette and garter stitch...

vegan yarn knit striped shawl

... the border with elongated garter stitch, a very easy technique detailed in the pattern.


And now I have some good news for you: my "WIPs stash" is down to 1 project (this crochet skirt I hesitated about how to make it look like)... I promise I'll finish it before casting on something new, I made good progress on it lately.