Friday, June 14, 2013

Shrug knitting, fun mail and bookmarks.

This week has been a little bit crazy with a last minute trip and a train strike, but finally time for blogging!

Sooo good to find fun mail in the mailbox.

First, a swap parcel from pamm9333 for the June Friendship Square Exchange. This was very quick mail with not only a couple of super-duper birds squares but also some chocolate with peanut butter (love love love peanut butter chocolate, a shame it's so hard to find here) and tea. July will be all about the farm, come over and join us on Ravelry!

crochet square swap parcel

Second the July issue of Simply Knitting is here. There's a lovely fair-isle tank inside (not listed on Ravelry yet so no link sadly) that I might knit one day. While finishing WIPs (gasps fighting startitis his hard) I'll have fun with the word games. And the buttons as gift are way too cute.

simply knitting july 2013 issue 108

Ok as I told you above these last few days have been a bit crazy, but I had a lot of knitting time: I vanished over 700 yards in garter stitch on my shrug in no more than 3 days. Getting confirmation I misunderstood the increase thing for the circle. I'll end with an heptagonal shape. Fingers crossed it'll look good on my body.

garter stitch shrug in progress

Finally I've just finished listing some quote bookmarks on Etsy, enjoy!

bookmarks with famous quotes

Wish you all a great weekend, I'm planning to knit on my Doctor Who Scarf!