Sunday, June 2, 2013

Instant gratification projects.

As you probably know if you've read this blog those past weeks, I have several large projects on the needles at the moment.

I needed a break this weekend to feel the "finishing a project" excitement.

So I made the square for my monthly swap. Birds being the June theme I went for an owl. The pattern is owl granny square.

granny square with owl crocheted

I also made a couple of 30 minutes hair accessories. The green bow is knitted from seed stitch bow. And the butterfly is crocheted from butterfly grace.

green bow knitted hair accessory and red and white butterfly hair elastic

Feel inspired? Good news, all the patterns are free ones. If you're playing in the HPKCHC group on Ravelry you can get some easy points with those!

Now back to the Doctor Who scarf to get to the 30% goal of the week before Thursday. Because on Thursday I'm taking a crazy crochet time trial challenge. I'll tell you more about it soon.