Sunday, May 5, 2013

Knitting kitty from Alan Dart's pattern.

Remember on Friday I told you about the cat I wanted to knit? It happened right away this weekend. The pattern looks intricated but it's actually pretty easy to knit. All the pieces are small and quick.

knitted cat toy

What is a bit more complex is the making up of all those tiny pieces. But it went pretty well and my matress stitch gets nicer and nicer the more I practice it. Should you decide to make one of those I'd advise you to embroider the face details before sewing the head close and stuffing it.

knitting kitty from the back

I have decided to choose the parts I prefer from the different cats featured in the pattern. I also changed the way to add the stripes on the head using duplicate stitch. In the end, I'm very happy with my cute kitty.

knitting kitty from top

I hope you're all spending a great sunny and crafty weekend!