Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday randomness #13.

This week it's WIPs Friday! I usually hate casting on many items at the same time especially larger ones. But it looks like I've been hit by a bad case of startitis recently...

knitted summer top in cotton blend work in progress
1. Bandol. This summer top is going well. Short sleeves are finished. I started with them. As I made them 2 at a time it avoided dividing the last ball of yarn. Over a third of the back is also finished. I took single balls of yarn from my stash for the stripes. I like how they look together. Yarn is once again Lammy Yarns Corrida (60% cotton / 40% acrylic).



garter stitch shrug in bebis himalaya yarns
2. Garter Stitch Circular Shrug. This is my long term project as my goal is to finish it sometimes in July. I've knitted a hair more than half the back rectangle. Perfect DVD watching project, however not as boring as I feared it would be thanks to the random stripes.
The yarn is Himalaya Everyday Bebe. I'm usually not a big fan of acrylic yarn for sweaters but this one is converting me (remember I'm trying to veganize my stash). Never before had I worked with 100% acrylic yarn that soft.


waistband crocheted in flaw fiber
3. Linen skirt. After my Under The Sea Skirt (I love to wear it!) I've decide to give another pattern a try. First time I crochet with 2 strands together. I'm using lace weight linen, Fonty Calin. The yellow is a brand new cone, the green has been partially frogged from an unloved beginning of Dragon of Happiness. In the first place I wanted to make it with cotton again. But then there was that Herbology challenge. Forgotten is the "don't change my crafting plans to fit the house cup" motto...

I wish you all a fantastic weekend!