Friday, May 24, 2013

Doctor Who Scarf: The Plan.

doctor who scarf close up on purl bumps
This weekend the whistle will be blown for Order of the Phoenix missions in the HPKCHC. I've decided to challenge myself to knit a Doctor Who scarf. It's going to be a lot of knitting. I hope to be able to finish it in time for the July 21st deadline. I'm a pretty fast knitter when it comes to garter stitch.

The pattern says to slip the edging stitch. For sure this would make it smooth. But it's not as the original one is. If you have a close look at it (see picture) you'll notice the purl bumps. So no slipping stitches for me.

set of eleven balls of acrylic yarn for striped doctor who scarfThe most difficult part was to find colors that are as close as possible to the original ones. I found out that depending on the screen and the broadcast the colors of the original don't look exactly the same. So I decided to go for Katia Promo-fin. Not a huge fan of pure acrylic for scarves but it's the brand of sports weight in which my yarn shop has the largest range of colorways. My scarf at least won't be too heavy despite it's length and colors are rather close.

See you in about a week for an update!