Thursday, May 16, 2013

Crochet square swap: a treat in the mail!

The Internet is fast and useful. You can send a message to someone at the other side of the planet within minutes, seconds. Once I've clicked on the "Publish" button at the top of my browser anyone from the next door neighbour (by the way I can't hear music so I suppose he's not home) to a reader in the US or Australia. But as fantastic it is to be part of a world wide virtual community of crafters nothing is as exciting than finding something in the mailbox or have the mailman ring the bell usually while lunch is cooking and sometimes burning.

That's why swaps are fun and why I take part each month in the Friendship Square Exchange that doesn't ruin me in postage.

Yesterday I got this great parcel in the mail from Cristal for the May swap. The theme was flowers. Remember I showed you my square earlier, the white and hot pink peony block that hasn't made it across the Atlantic yet, blame all the May public holidays in France.

The square I received is from the same 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton I made mine out too. The book has a lot of flowery squares in it. There's also a lovely card and some yummy British herbal tea I enjoyed a lot.

square card and tea

Like birds and feel in a mood for swapping? You're welcome to join us in June.