Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Bow jumper: the end is near!

I've finished the knitting of my Bandol sweater. Well at least almost. There's still the neckline to add. But the front is now done.
front of knitted sweater

The bow is really nice and was fun to knit.

close up on knit bow

Weaving in the ends was less fun. It took me about 40 minutes to accomplish. Ok I admit I was watching some old black and white Doctor Who episodes and was more focused on Aztec sacrifices than on my yarn. But there were obviously many many many ends to weave in. I thought there would be only 2 blue and 2 grey ones before I started. Wrong guess. This bow has a bunch of portions for each color you need to use a separate strand for.

ends of bow jumper to weave in

Now comes the making up time. I've added 2 1/2" to the body. It still looks pretty short. I'm certainly not petite but not taller than average either. Hope it'll look good. And it's soon going to be warm enough so I can wear it!