Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday randomness #9.

close up on shawl edging with alder leaves
1. Shawl. I am making progress. I've started the lace edging. It's slow, very slow, with 576 stitches on the needles. But it's going to be totally worth it!











WIP apple green knitting slippers
2. Slippers. Spring is finally coming. Soon the time of woollen slippers being too warm will come. So I casted on a pair of 30% cotton / 70% bamboo slippers. This apple green yarn is Cheval Blanc Ambre, an extra-soft French yarn. Its only drawback is the splittiness of bamboo. It's going to be a basic pair with a duplicate stitch embroidery on the top of the foot. I need something easy and small to knit at knitting group. If they work out fine, you'll soon see the pattern.



five balls of pink anti pilling acrylic yarn
3. Yarn & plans. I went to the local yarn shop this week. I ran out of yarn on my Brown summer top. I once again messed up my math, excepted that I usually purchase far too much yarn rather than not enough. I couldn't resist also buying some soft pink Himalaya Everyday Bebe baby yarn. It's supposed to not pill. I never used it before so we'll see. I want to knit myself a Garter stitch circular shrug. I'll however wait until April to cast on. First, I want to finish at least 2 of my 3 projects in progression before casting on something new. Second, I want to fit it in the HPKCHC challenges on Ravelry for max points.

4. Bunnies. I also put my brushes out this week to make some more ACEO bunnies. You can find them in my etsy shop. They represent the four seasons.

Wish you all a great sunny and warm weekend!
set of winter spring summer and fall painted whimsical rabbits