Thursday, March 28, 2013

Friday randomness (on Thursday) #7.

I know it's Thursday and I'm a day early but there's a long four days weekend coming and as usual Easter weekend is a busy one.

yoke and bust knitting of a cotton acrylic short sleeved sweater WIP
1. WIP #1. I casted on a summer top about a week ago. This is going to be my first "sweater" pattern. It doesn't look like much so far, it's going to be a top down one piece garnment. Less than 2 inches to go in the easy stockinette part then comes shaping and more complicated stuff. Yarn is Lammy Yarns Corrida, a fingering weight 60% cotton / 40% acrylic blend, perfectly light for the summer. Just need to wait for warm weather...




katia jaipur shawlette WIP
2. WIP #2. I must confess I'm a bit tired of this chocolate brown yarn. It's not so much my kind of color. It will however be nice to wear and it was a present in the first place. But I've decided to take a break from it:  this weekend I'm going to work on a lace shawl. I did all the math based on the PI formula. Remember the yarn? It's the one I told you about last week. There's actually the blue one but also a ball of contrasting color for the lacy stipes. I love how the colors blend in each others. 




3. Painting. Sometimes I like to put the needles down and pick up my brushes (however I knit a lot more than I paint or draw). Of course as a big bunny and yarn lover... well here's the result.

watercolour and ink pen art trading cards with rabbit yarn ice cream snow and flowers
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!