Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday randomness #4.

spring few from the balcony of my flat, trees and buildings
1. Spring. We had some nice sunny days this week. Spring is around the corner (and, less fun, pollen allergies too). It was sadly too cool to knit outdoors and the rain is back for the weekend.

2. Yarn diet. Still going very well. Even if with my huge stash it doesn't show as much as I was hoping. Not only did I not buy any yarn this week but I even mailed the two giveaway skeins and sold two others that weren't in me colors to fellow knitters from my knitting group last Saturday.


working on my striped under the sea ocean skirt
3. Crochet. I'm designing a skirt. It's going to be my first crochet design. I have made up the pattern a month ago. My test knitter finished over a week ago and it came out lovely. I'm still working on the sample. However I hope to finish it this weekend and release the pattern early next week.

4. Hooks. As you can see in the picture I'm using a bamboo hook. I love bamboo needles I like bamboo hooks just as much. They're the softest for the hands and wrists. And have a good grip which is great with slippery cotton yarn.

camera cozy made of four crocheted squares and a button in muskat soft

5. New camera. I finally have a new camera. It's a pretty basic Nikon S2600 but it takes much better pictures than my old one. I made it a cozy with some leftovers of Muskat Soft from my Lambton Top. It's made of 4 little squares joined along the edges.

6. I got a fabulous swap package today from Jandear all the way from Canada!

Liked this post and don't want to miss another one? Subscribe to Journey of a crafter by Email!
crochet swedish berries square, canada themed keychain, fabric scarf and notecard