Monday, February 25, 2013

Lambton top: all done!

lambton top jane austen knits in sunny colors and purple finished
I finally made it: My Lambton Top came off the needles this weekend.  

Remember I told you it was boring? Well I decided to fight the boredom!

I took it to the knitting group a second time. I didn't make a lot of progress there. I was busier chatting while eating cake and drinking tea than knitting.

The real great idea I had was to borrow a set of Merlin DVDs. I'm completely addicted. So I've spent all evenings last week immersed in young Merlin's adventures knitting on this sweater.

lambton top jane austen knits in sunny colors and purple finished modeled by Lea Bronnenkant
And great news, it fits perfectly. It was well worth all the shaping.

I never knitted any sweater with that much shaping before: bust, waist and plenty of short rows for the unending puffed sleeved.

lambton top jane austen knits in sunny colors and purple close up on neckline
I made only one change to the pattern. I casted on less stitches and added a third stripe to the collar. I'm happy with it, the neckline would have been too deep otherwise.


lambton top jane austen knits in sunny colors and purple close up on ribbingFinally a word about the yarn. This Drops Muskat soft is perfectly soft and those colors look lovel with the little stripes. A shame my retailer doesn't carry it any longer. Good I have a couple more colorways in my stash.
lambton top jane austen knits in sunny colors and purple close up on puffed sleeves trim
Liked this post and don't want to miss another one? Subscribe to Journey of a crafter by Email!